J.R. Coleman, EA earned a Bachelor of Science Degree from Excelsior College. Professional memberships include National Association of Enrolled Agents and National Society of Accountants (NSA).
Over 10 years with IRS as a Revenue Officer, earning GS-11 ranking.
Graduate Basic and Advanced Revenue Officer Schools, Offer-In-Compromise Training, VITA Instructor and Accredited Tax Advisor (ATA)
Collected millions of dollars and handled thousands of cases during career with IRS.
- Negotiated $50K penalty abatement for “Reasonable Cause” and set up payment plan on $250K tax bill.
- Widow charged $45K Trust Fund Recovery Penalty by IRS on husband’s defunct corporation. The penalty was 100% abated against her upon proof of her non-involvement in the company.
- Successful IRS Collection Case Management for terminally ill client. Over $70K in delinquent tax deemed “currently not collectable” and hardshipped by IRS.
- Represented construction firm in major audit. IRS had proposed over $1,000,000 in adjustments. Case settled for $38K.
- Older couple had fallen behind in filing. Prepared and filed 1993-1999 1040 Returns.
- Landscape company owed over $50K in payroll taxes. Successfully negotiated payment plan.
- Mother attempted to secure home improvement loan but IRS Tax Lien on adult son who inherited 1/8 interest in property blocked deal. Secured discharge of her real estate from lien.